Telephone: 01454 321614
Thrill to stunning true stories of battles, bloodshed, mysteries and martyrs, vicious Templars and Victorian sex cults, over 2,000 years of Somerset history.
• HORRORS of the caves! The HORRIFIC true story of Cheddar Man!
• Twilight of the Empire! Romans, Saxons and the legends of King Arthur!
• SWORDS against the VIKINGS! The Somerset heroes who defied the Norse hordes!
• Martyrs, murderers, alchemists and EXECUTED ABBOTS – Somerset’s strangest residents revealed!
• DEATH STORM! The TERRIBLE TOLL of the Great Storm of 1703!
• SPIES and COUNTERSPIES in SOMERSET!
With more than 60 illustrations plus an EIGHT-PAGE COLOUR SECTION, you’ll never see the county in the same way again!
(96 + 8 colour pages / Paperback)
DR ANDREW MAY has a PhD in Astrophysics, and 30 years of experience working in government-funded scientific research. A researcher with a passion for history as well as for science, he has also worked as a guide at Montacute House.
Not logged in