A warm look at British seaside memories from the 1930s to the 1970s. Did you have your family hols here? There’s a look at Blackpool through three decades, Channel Island breaks, favourite beaches in Devon and Cornwall, Butlins at Skegness and Pwllheli, Eastbourne and its Electric Tramway, Great Yarmouth, a trip to the Isle of Wight including Ventnor and more. Time to get the deckchair out!
Stock available (delivery of orders including this item may take slightly longer)
- Additional information
A look at seaside memories from the 1930s to 1970s.
This heart-warming programme using both original colour and black and white footage includes:
– Funfairs, model villages, travel, beaches, Piers, camping, in fact almost everything Beside the Seaside.
– A look at Blackpool in the 30s,50s and 1960s, the town that means Seaside!.
– A holiday in the Channel Island of Jersey in the 50s.
– Devon & Cornwall including Plymouth and St Ives, as popular now as it was all those years ago.
– Butlins at Skegness and Pwllheli on the beautiful North Wales coast.
– Another Welsh coastal gem, Barmouth.
– The south coast resort of Eastbourne in 1963 including the famous Electric Tramway.
– Ride on the ever popular narrow gauge Romney Hythe and Dymchurch Railway
– Great Yarmouth, Norfolk’s premier family holiday destination.
– A trip to the Isle of Wight including Ventnor and the Pop Festival, originally held from 1968-1970. Sit back, relax and enjoy the seaside!
If you’re too young to remember those exciting years, this programme will give you an excellent impression of just what you missed !