- Additional information
A wonderful collection of sequences showing West Country steam, both from TV and private archives. Highlights include the Great Western in Devon in the 1920s, a ride up the Somerset & Dorset line shortly before closure, the Plymouth Laira depot in 1962, Fowey clay trains, Last steam on the Callington branch and more!
We also see sequences from the TV archives on the Southern’s route through Okehampton and on to Tavistock including T9 No. 30715 in wonderful colour and a film taken in 1954 of the 100th anniversary of the branch from Glastonbury to Burnham-on-Sea, the line that gave rise to the Somerset & Dorset Railway.
Other films include:
* Survey of Plymouth Laira depot in 1962.
* The Taunton to Barnstaple Line.
* Last train to Launceston from Plymouth in 1962.
* Fowey branch clay trains.
* Bulleid Pacifics at Buckhorn Weston.
* Last employee at Latchley.
* Last steam on the Callington branch.
* Interview with O V S Bulleid.